Mommy Wars Are So Over!
by Debra Marrs, editor, Metro Moms Magazine
An article about one mom rescuing a fellow mom’s parenting butt caught my attention this week. The headline “This Woman Just Ended The Mommy Wars With One Facebook Status” screamed Read Me! At first, I was a tiny bit appalled at the mom who more than catnapped in the park (she was described as “passed out” and “zonked”) while her daughter played unattended. And then, I was filled with this heart warming feeling by what rescuer mom Tara Jean did to support a fellow mom.
- When we see ourselves in others, reach out and do the right thing.
- Stop judging. All judging. Judging others. Judging yourself.
- We’re all doing the best we can. Or at least trying to.
- We all need help sometimes.
- Offer a hand to support others when you can.
- Hillary has it right. It Takes a Villageto raise a child.
- We cannot do it alone.
- Together, everyone achieves more.
“When we give cheerfully and accept gratefully, everyone is blessed.” ~ Maya Angelou
Let’s be the change. The change that supports one another. For the good. For the win.
Debra Marrs teaches creative writing courses in memoir and personal essay. Her business writing workshops attract article, blog and ebook authors. Find her creativity and organization tips at YourWriteLife.com
Tags: mommy wars, pay it forward, support